Dear GSCIS members:
First of all, thank you for the wonderful response we had to the call for proposals for the Singapore conference. We are in the process of working on the program and will get back to everyone soon.
Now, I hate to disrupt your summer work but if you can spare a moment please attend to this:
As you know every year we have honored a distinguished scholar who has contributed significantly to the study of /policy development in the global south. In our first year of operation, we honored the African scholar Professor Ai Mazrui. In our second we honored Dr. Jomo Sundaram from Malaysia, and in our third Dr. Arlene Tickner from Colombia. I am sure that you will agree that the luncheon at which we give our award is now established as a wonderful highlight of the convention. It is now time to send in your nominations for 2015. At this time we wish to honor either an Africanist or a Middle East specialist. Please send your nominations to me for consideration by the committee by AUGUST 31st.
I thank you in advance.
Here are the criteria:
The Global South Caucus’ Distinguished Scholar Award is given annually in recognition of the recipient’s exceptional and sustained contribution to global south international studies (defined within the context of the ISA), as reflected both in published works as well as policy contributions. If the recipient is able to attend the ISA convention at which the award is given, s/he will be expected to give a brief address to members, usually at a luncheon event.
Recipients must meet the Following Criteria
- Recipients must be a current member of ISA.
- A distinguished record of scholarship and usually a record of policy contributions reflecting a sustained interest in global south affairs.
- The recipient receives a plaque, which is presented at the ISA Annual Convention.
- The Caucus Executive Committee will review nominations from the membership at large, and select the recipient.
- The award will be presented during the ISA Annual Convention.
- Members and friends of the Caucus are asked to submit nominations by email to the Caucus’ Chair.
- A note outlining the basis for considering the nominee, as well as a bio/CV (or web link to one) should accompany the nomination.
- Final decisions are made by the Executive Committee.
- The deadline for nominations is August 31st..